Empathy is a messaging program that supports text, voice, video chat and file transfers.
Empathy is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME
- File transfer for XMPP, and local networks.
- Voice and video call using SIP, XMPP and Google Talk.
- Some IRC support.
- Switch to “away” automatically using the Gnome screensaver.
- Private and public chats (including emoticons).
- Powerful theme engine for chats.
For the installation, we open the terminal and write the following command:
- sudo dnf install empathy.
We hope that the package is downloaded.
Then open the application. For that we must write in the terminal:
Fill in your details (name, surname, nick)
Enter your nickname
Through our IRC account, we connect.
We open the menu”Empathy”, We select the option “Salas” and later “unirse…”
We select the “sala” that we will connect, as you can visualize, we will choose the “sala” #Gnome-women
And will open the chat, as you can see, there are only 4 people connected.